What’s the pet adoption process?
Identify a pet you’d like to meet at the shelter, fill out an adoption form, and meet with Customer Service to complete the adoption.
Pets at the Shelter: Please visit the shelter during our normal business hours (Noon – 7pm Tuesday – Saturday) to visit a pet.
More about adoptions:
- Before you bring your new pet home, check out our New Adopter Resources for dogs and cats.
- Fees to adopt pets include spay/neuter, first set of vaccines, microchip, parasite treatment and ID tag.
- Some pets may not be able to go home the same day.
- If you are traveling from out of the area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before traveling to the shelter.
- Skip the shelter and look for a dog in their current home: Check out the Home to Home program to adopt a pet directly from their current owner.