What is a Kitten Shower? We’re happy you asked!
A flurry of kittens is always expected from May-October, but we can have kittens needing care at any time of the year. In the spring, Saving Grace hosts a “Kitten Shower” event, but we need supplies and foster volunteers for these little bundles of fur all year long.
Kitten Foster Supplies Needed
- Kitten Milk Replacer (KMR)
- Meat baby foods (no onions or garlic)
- Canned cat food (pate, non-fish flavor)
- Royal Canin Mother & Babycat dry & wet food
- Canned pumpkin (pumpkin puree)
- Hypo-allergenic baby wipes
- Blender Bottle (makes mixing KMR easy!)
- Long-handles paintbrushes (for initial touch of feral kittens)
- Digital scales
- Snuggle buddies w/ beating heart
- Foldable playpens
- Purina One or Iams dry kitten food
We are also accepting donations at the shelter.
Would you consider fostering kittens?
Find out what it’s like, from a first time foster in this Best Friends Network video!